Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall Fun

Once again, a couple of months has gone by. Where does the time go? I can't believe it is fall already. In September, Joey had to go out of town, so that meant road trip to Kansas for the kids and I. We had a great time. My mom and I took the kids to Cabela's to see the fish that they have in their aquariums. Connor absolutely loved it. He kept on asking "where did fish go?" and "where did turtle go?" I wish I had gotten some pictures of it. We also took the kids to the Kansas City Zoo. We did not have a great experience. We did not know the layout very well and did not see many animals. We kept trying to find the monkeys, but only found the gorillas. Oh well, maybe next time. Connor did enjoy walking around with his twin (aka Grandma). Bailey enjoyed walking around too and hated being in the stroller.We had a great time, but we were so glad to be back with Daddy.







Last Saturday, we joined a friend of Joey's from work and his wife at a chili fest in Little Rock. The kids enjoyed walking around and playing with balloons. We did not try any chili, too hard chasing after the kids. Bailey showed no fear and made friends with a couple of dogs that were walking around. She was also fascinated and horrified with a life size dancing Santa dressed as a Grateful Dead fan. She did not know what to think.



Since the weather has been so nice, I have started to brave taking the kids to the park by myself. I say brave because it is an adventure. Connor has started to get the hang of playing on a playground. He loves to go up and down the slide. Bailey has started climbing on the stairs of the playground equipment I have to watch out for the two of them. Really wish sometimes I had eyes in the back of my head. Oh well, we are getting the hang of it and enjoying ourselves. Of course, they both like to play in the dirt.
Connor has started learning about civic responsibility (taught by me). When he sees trash on the playground, he likes to throw it in the trash can. Bailey wants to try too, but I have to hold her. We pray you all are doing well!! God bless!!

No comments:

Followers