Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fun With Books


I love the fact that my children already love books. Connor will run out of his bedroom in the morning after Joey has gotten him up, bringing a book for me to read to him. It is usually a Veggie Tales book that I can read without looking at the pages. Thank God for rhyming. He also loves to curl up in my lap and have me read the same book to him over and over again. He will sit on his own and look through books himself. He can sort of say E-I-E-I-O (as in Old MacDonald). He got a book for Christmas that is a different version of Old MacDonald. He will open it up and do his version of E-I-E-I-O as he turns the pages. Of course, some of the books have seen better days, but he is starting to learn that we treat books gently. Another one of his favorite books is a Fisher Price book that has about 175 animals in it pictured in their natural habitat. He can already point to the manatee, sea turtle, hammerhead shark, lion, elephant, anaconda, and goose. In the picture of him looking at his animal book, he climbed up onto the couch himself. Yes we are to that stage. Scary!! He has already fallen off the couch once.




Bailey also loves books too. She will pay attention to a book when I read it Connor. In this picture, the book was already opened, and Bailey rolled over onto it. She sure did look at it though, despite the fact that it is upside down. I hope that my kids will continue to love books. I can't wait until they are old enough to go to the library and pick out books for themselves. For now, I keep reading to them as often as they want. I love having them cuddled on my lap with a book. God bless!!!

No comments:

Followers