Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We Are HOME-LESS!!!


After a very long wait, the Lord has finally blessed us with the sale of the house. We closed on it yesterday. We are both still in a state of disbelief. It is still a little hard to believe that it is sold, we are no longer homeowners. Joey's parents were a huge help taking care of the house and getting it ready for the closing. They took care of the pool, the yard, Mom and Carley cleaned it, and they took care of so many other details. It has been a crazy 4 weeks as we prepared for the closing. Joey went back to Memphis every weekend for the last 3 weeks. There were things that needed to be fixed and furniture that needed to be moved out. Joey and Dad had to move my piano all by themselves. One weekend, the kids and I went with Joey so I could sort some boxes, correction, a lot of boxes. I got rid/donated about 10 boxes worth of boxes. Anyone who knows me, knows what a sacrifice that is. It is a collection of books that started in my teens. There were some books I didn't want to part with, so we are making room in the apartment. I really want an ereader. What a space saver it would be.

While we are ecstatic that we no longer own the house, we also feel a touch of sadness. We have so many memories involving that house. Joey bought the house when he was single and made it his home. He was so nervous to show it to me for the first time, hoping and praying I would like it. Joey proposed to me in the den, we started our married lives in the house, we brought Connor home to the house, and countless other memories. God blessed us with that house for a period of time. We will always cherish the memories we made there. We pray that the Lord blesses the new owner of the house as He did us. Thank you all for your constant prayers as we waited for the perfect buyer and the sale. The Lord has taught and patience and complete reliance on Him through the whole process. It truly was His doing that it is sold. God bless!!

No comments:

Followers